Taxi Driver Permits are issued by the City of Cold Lake in accordance with the Taxi Bylaw # 062-PL-99 Consolidated. The Cold Lake Community Peace Officers ensure conformance to the Bylaw and approve or decline the application. Copies of the Bylaw are available at City Hall.
To apply for a Taxi Driver Permit:
1) Gather the following documents:
- City of Cold Lake Taxi Driver Permit Application form
- One (1) I.D. photo that is 1½” high x 13/8” wide
- A Criminal Record Check report (RCMP Detachment)
- A Driver’s Abstract (Tri-City Registries)
- Class IV driver’s license (for photocopying purposes)
2) Call the Community Peace Officers at 780-594-1345 to make an appointment to review your application and documentation.
If your application is approved, the Community Peace Officer will give you a letter stating your application meets the requirements of the Bylaw. Bring this letter, along with the documents listed above and a $25 application fee, to City Hall for processing.
If your application is declined, a letter will be provided stating why your application does not meet the requirements of the Bylaw. Section 7 of the Bylaw outlines the Appeal Process.
Questions regarding the Bylaw or the application process can be directed to a Community Peace Officer at 780-594-1345, or the City of Cold Lake Planning and Development department at 780-594-4494.
For more information contact the City of Cold Lake's Planning and Development Department at 780-594-4494 or firstname.lastname@example.org.