Getting to Cold Lake:
The City of Cold Lake is located in the province of Alberta, close to the Saskatchewan border: Just 170 kilometres north of Lloydminster, and 300 kilometres north-east of Edmonton. Cold Lake is most easily accessible by highways 28 or 55. Both routes will lead you into the city, just minutes from the beach, marina, or downtown amenities!
Getting around Cold Lake:
When navigating around Cold Lake, you will find Highway 28 is the main road which will take you directly from one end of town to the other. Our main attractions can be found quite easily by taking the following routes from Highway 28:
- Head West on 48 Avenue to find 4-Wing Cold Lake and the Cold Lake Golf & Winter Club
- Head East on 50 Avenue toward Downtown, Shopping and Amenities
- Head East on Energy Drive to find the Energy Centre
- Head North on 16 Street to find Kinosoo Beach
- Follow Highway 28 to the end, reaching Lakeshore Drive and the Cold Lake Marina
If you find yourself without a vehicle, several taxi companies operate in the city, car rental businesses are also available. The City also designates trails for biking, walking, and ATVs.